Saturday, March 19, 2011

Love for the ride...

...is slowly coming back!

After a week of fixing bleeding bodies, doing CPR, putting out fires and skidding around in the mud in a truck I was ready to ride a bike! Strathmore was fun but a week was a bit heavy on the nose, so I'm happy to be back home and getting back on the bike. Same plan as last week, easy Friday with goal for Saturday ride to hang on!! And with the forecast calling for 20cm of snow I really had no choice but to go as who knows the when the next good day or riding will be.



We did pretty much the same loop as my first time out with the group, this time a much smaller group but still strong! the start as always was a race to hang out, but different than last time, I seem to recover on the flats today. And that was the case through the ride. Not to say it was an easy ride, race pace for me, but the voice in my head was nice and calm, and seem to enjoy the ride! :) It was what they call a no drop ride, I like to call it a catch and release ride... catch them.. let them go...catch them... and so on... which is nice. Rather than a two hour hard, loose them and fall into my own pace for the next two hours, I kept a good hard pace for the whole ride. I enjoyed it so much, specially the weather since we all thought snow, I ended up doing a little extra loop downtown after the ride. Great feeling, and this is the ride I'll have to keep reminding my self of when those rough days come around, as we all know, they will come around again...

Portugal is about a month away... so one good day will need to grow to 9 good days..

happy riding!

No comments:

Post a Comment