Saturday, December 21, 2013

Winter wonderland ....

.... right in our back yard!
 
With most people getting ready for the holidays it became a solo day for me (trio I should say, with my most reliable guy and miss SQ joining me).
 
Got out early but the parking lot at West Bragg was already busy. Calgary is lucky to have such a close heaven to escape to and people do use it. By the time we ended our hike a couple hours later, even with temperature -15, the parking lot is packed with folks out to enjoy the area.  I loaded up my pack and put my vest on for some extra weight, to add a bit on just a regular cardio workout. Not quiet on a program for YakAttack yet, still have to work one out, but I figured I should expand a bit and get some type of cross training in as rumor has it we will be off our bikes for some parts of it. The hike up felt nice, the way down is hard on the knees, but I'm sure with time they will get used to a little impact.
Weather forecast shows similar Sunday so looks like a cycle free weekend.
 
Happy Trails Weekend!! 
 

Toby with his "look"....


Happy to be out....frosty hair or grey hair?? little of both these days...


Toby and SQ scouting for something to chase....




No comments:

Post a Comment