Thursday, June 25, 2009

A taste of North Shore....

Yesterday I made it a couple of more km down the highway to Surrey. I'll stay here until start of Stage 1 Sunday. Yesterday was not a great day so lots of time to relax, it rained, rained and rained! Ended up going to bed early but couldn't get good sleep with my green machine in the trailer below. So at midnight I got up again, got the bike out of the trailer and into safety of the hotel reception. Nice sleep after that!
Today started as yesterday, so I took my car a few blocks away and dropped it off for an oil change (again...putting on the km's this summer), and walked back in beautiful west coast rain! Got a message from Steve who was ready to go hit the North Shore! So got my stuff together, and got the bike out of storage and rode to pick up truck at dealer and headed over to North Vancouver. Toby was exited as he got to come on his first bike ride since his little episode. It was dark but not raining, and we started somewhere down low. The climb up was great to start, we took it nice and easy, in a very short bit, we were both off our bikes hiking!! Toby was wondering what took us so long....4 legs vs two wheels..4 legs seem to work better. I'm still not sure we rode the right trail up, as speaking to a guy after at the bike shop, there shouldn't have been anything we couldn't ride to get up, hmm we will see... Down was great, but of course I forget what it is called, I'm sure Steve got it though! He is the trail master, remember them all! A few drops I didn't do and with rain it sure adds a bit of twist to the roots. Going to be a great ride Sunday!
Check out our racer profile on BC racer page.
Many great teams and solo riders ready to go, and looks like the sun will show up as well!
Happy Riding,
kate & toby

No comments:

Post a Comment