Sunday, June 28, 2009

1 stage down

Stage one started in North Van at 10 today. The shortest of seven days, not to be confused with easy.
Steve and I had a spot in about the mid of the 400 riders so off the star we had a bit of work to do.
A shorter section on the road to the trail head was all we had until trail narrowed up and there wasn't much you could do but to be patient all the way up first climb of day.
This didn't really change going down. First decent was typical North Shore xcountry trail I guess. For most it meant slow ride or walk. After this the second climb was on us and here we didn't see many riders at all. Last decent to finish was super fun mostly ridable stuff.
We crossed as fifth mixed team in Lynn Valley.
Overall not sure how I felt. Legs didn't say much but I didn't feel I pushed as hard as I wanted. I didn't have what I wanted I guess. Though six more rides to figure it out.

Now we are on the ferry to Nanaimo. Could be tricky to get over in morning so making sure the whole crew is here.
Our support Meredith, Karen, Kim, Jen, Toby and SQ had a great day. Thanks!

First blog on the BB so no photo upload and no idea if it will turn out ok.

Will try to keep posting Hardcore news! Unless Steve makes me suffer too much.
Mark people just love your colors! Even socks!
Congrats to all the other Albertans who always seem to show up to this great events.

Happy riding!
kate and the Hardcore bunch!

No comments:

Post a Comment