Sunday, September 30, 2012

Sept 28-30...

...weekend.
Much easier to update blog if could get it done in at least the same week as the ride....but here we go anyway..
Friday I had the hardest time deciding on a ride. I do like to ride with people and since everyone is working its a tricky day to get out. Though I was able to convince Sarah that it was a perfect day to show her some of our city path rides. We rode the path though the city and down to Glenmore reservoir, had a coffee (nice treat and a drink) stop and did the loop around and then on to some city street time lanes and back through the west side of the city. A perfect road ride for a Friday.
Saturday Craig had a plan, a ride he know from his motorcycle days; 10 years ago. So based on that I brought my bigger GPS :) great long day. We parked where the the ashfalt starts when doing our watervalley ride (?) and crossed the river and road and hiked some neat trails. Ill admit there was a lot of dismounting; and most up hills way to steep for my engine and two wheels. But as we got closer to devils gap we got to enjoy some pretty particular scenery so well worth as a ride once every decade.
Craig would have loved to explore some more single track on the return trip but I reminded him the importance to support our fellow bike friends that is now in cross season. So off to watch the Dark Knight Races until way passed my bed time.
Sunday Craig and I had a ride planned out at Barrier. Bit during some checking of shoe sizing I forgot to get shoes in the bag again and as we arrives to the lake I was with out shoes :(. Not great. Toby was the lucky one though and got to ride with Suzanne and Kate who just arrived after us. Back to the city we decided to get shoes and ride west bragg. Turned out to be a great ride. Rode up Ranger Summitt, down SuggarMomma, and some other great trail I rode with the two firefighters, Cam and Cam, and Toby the Friday after Houston. New trails for Craig and for me second time and no flats. Happy ending!
Happy Riding !



No comments:

Post a Comment