Saturday, June 07, 2014

2014 Iron Maiden...

... ABA cup xc race and my short race this year.

As always it does not disappoint - as expected my pain threshold gets a good test! After lots of miles in Portugal I do feel the fitness coming around, but being fit doesn't mean fast! Today was great, but painful, efforts can be done, but feel slow in recovering from each effort. And right now, hours later, my legs are still wondering what the heck I just put them through! Think they would much rather go slow for hours, which is tomorrows Organ Grinder (5 hr) - but still going back and forth on 5 hrs or find a partner and push high end for a couple hrs.....
Today though, great trails, dusty dry and loose and pretty good turn out overall - watch out for all the younger riders coming up!

When you ride at the Nordic center it is now mandatory to carry Bear spray - should have used it on a couple of  stubborn trails "bears"  but kept it only to a thought :)

My favorite of the day though, the awesome medal!! It probably wont last in the collection, but I can assure enjoyment even if short lasted!

Happy Riding!



Bear Cozy - didn't have to cozy up with any of the today.
Can't wait to crack some marks in this one!


1 comment:

  1. Kate: your other water bottle cage is empty. Please tell me you at least brought one bottle?

    ReplyDelete