Sunday, June 22, 2014

Fernie hill side...

... is sort of neat - a lot of new trails have made it even better. I love the big trees and the mystical feel in the forest - and maybe a few too many bear droppings today, had my hand close to the trigger and watching Toby's every move. I started pretty early to make it home in a decent time so it felt really quiet - a little too quiet - so a little talking to Toby and singing and the later should scare away not only wild life....

Day three will be a fun day - hard but fun. I off course with the start at Fernie campground rather than the Alpine resort which was closed, mixed up the direction of the loop (which is not a loop, rather a figure 8), but half way up Dem Bones it didn't seem right for a race to climb this way, and a second look at the gps map I see the figure 8 part. So back down it went.

Besides some of the classics that were all in great shape despite some rain during the week - there was a couple of new trails I've never ridden - something Lizzard was a fun connector trail that I think folks will enjoy next weekend. Supper fast flowy. All the trails were in great shape, barley any mud - but yes it's still rooty and rough over there and the short creek crossing is on the boarder to a river crossing - and cold. And of course I missed the ski hill trails, so can't report on those.

I continued to enjoy the GPS - even with the rookie mistake at the start - it works great even in the thick forest and kept me on track if I paid attention. Definitely cuts out all the stopping and guessing where to go and looking at maps.

So all in all, should be a fun weekend coming up.


Happy Riding!

Full of smiles - set a good pace and lines for the first hour.
The start of  or end of (today it was end of) Old Goat - A new money collecting goat - remember money next time!
The Classics remain as good as always! Gorby climb but didn't get to ride Snake bite today.
Toby ready to hammer down Verboten - gave me some good lines for next week.
 
This could be your wheel after that decent if you don't watch it... this was just a add on the app by mistake - neat
Only part of Project 9 was in it ...
 
Good timing of departure back to Calgary...
 








No comments:

Post a Comment