Friday, July 17, 2009

The blog that never updates...

... that's my blog, have to admit I'm terrible and keeping this going. Though, here comes the excuses, during the BC bike race it just wasn't easy to get on a computer, and my BB still have a few bugs that need to get some figuring out. I would have like to take some notes, as today, each and every stage is pretty much a blur! In summary I had a fun, hard, painful, joyful and plenty of single track riding week!! A must have in any event, and the BC bike race folks did not disappoint! At one point I remember thinking "will this single track ever end?" And I do not think those thoughts very often!









As for a the race it self, Steve and I partnered up well. We had our scuffs but nothing that couldn't be worked out and in the end it just thought us a few things about working together. I think we had it all figured out by the last day :) He finally pushed me up every single hill, so I could work on my tan and start recovering for a week of building deck. Thanks to Steve I now have a great deck to study in the sunshine for my Monday exam. Joke a side, I lucked out with partner and support crew, couldn't have asked for anything better or more. And already signed up for next years single track adventure of the BC bike race! Steve? you in yet?
We also lucked out in so many other things, weather! perfect every day until I left Monday morning in rain, and it rained hard and didn't stop until I hit Fort McMurray a Tuesday night.
We had no issues with our green machines! With one week of riding some terrain that can be very hard on the machines I'd say that is luck and some smooth riding helps of course. I'm staring to really enjoy the Titus X more and more, and I'm sure very soon it'll be my new favorite bike! It definitely got more attention along with our outfits than Steve and I as riders did through out the week :)
We had no cougar or bear issues, we had no major crashes, just some minor that hurt the pride more than anything. So in a week long race what else can you ask for!?
I even made it up the last little hill in to Edmonton and Hardcore store on empty with a trailer!

Back in Fort McMurray I've been busy building a lower deck in my yard. It took a bit of trial and error to get done, but now I have a dirt free yard, almost and can focus on my APEGGA exam for Monday. That gives me 3 full days of study!! Hopefully that'll do it! Not too much riding lately, but to study efficiently breaks are required, so what better break than a nice trail ride!

Have to get the legs back in the motion. Only 1 week until departure for the next stage race, Intermontane in Kamloops. 5 days of riding trails I've never been on. Have no real idea of what to expect, so just going with an open mind and hope for not too hot weather and some fun riding.

until next time...

happy riding,

kate

No comments:

Post a Comment