Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Midweek riding....


 
... has been pretty great, with Calgary summer at its best. Tuesday I did my regular Sulphur spring with the dogs, we come out early enough to avoid any traffic on the trails so the only big trouble is cows and cowdudies... which Toby is good at finding.
Great ride, the two four legged does great on the climb and not too bad going down, but the lack of water on the trails makes it tough. They love the creek in the end.
By the time we get back the the parking lot it is full!

Wednesday a second JP/Cox ride was planned. Keith really wanted to head out with his new tires. Great plan. Though as I drove home from work it didn't look to promising. Quickly went home, got dogs out, picked up some supper at Subway and went to the dirt lot. Gabor, Mani, Craig and Keith showed up as did the rain. The clouds to the west looked even darker. So after a bit back and forth and nobody wanting to totally pull out (though inside my head I sort of was ready to head home), we ended up driving out to Dawson, but planned at heading up Lusk rather than the full loop.

Little cooler at the top!
Great choice! The ride was as good as it can get, some rain on the road, and as we climbed up a little moist, but made for perfect trails and temperature to be out riding! It was hard, the last little bit of Lusk I just bit my teeth together and tried not to cry as I desperately tried to turn the pedals, walking is just not an option, even though I'm sure at that point it would have been faster. Up ahead, Craig and Gabor (on his single speed) had already peaked!! Well, the first climb. Cox was in great shape as well, didn't clear as much as last time I rode it but great ride all together and great company! The down I don't even need to mention as everyone who knows this trail, it is always heaven! Though today I must admit it was "awesomer" then ever!! The little bit of moist made it a little tacky, maybe slick, all which I prefer over the super dry, and I was just so happy that the 29er, hardtail, rode like it did, so much fun, what can I say!

When you only get two rides in, I'd say, the two I got was the best!

Happy riding!

No comments:

Post a Comment