Friday, August 05, 2011

Who knew...

...a midweek ride after work could be an epic outing!

After arriving home a bit later than I'd hoped I was close to calling off going to a group ride I wasn't even sure was still on. But after a quick walk to the river with the dogs and still ten minutes to meeting time I figured I might as well...hard to get going but when on the trail I always love it...
I drove over to the "dirt lot" they usually call Invisible Esso, but quickly started thinking about what original message read yesterday...oh...dirt lot by COP...quickly speed over there. Craig and Keith were getting ready and that ended up being our group.

We biked up the road (felt long and slow on my "big" bike) to the access to Jumping Pound ridge climb, beginning of climb felt hard and I was a bit worried I'd be left in the dust (it was dry). But made it up, and felt better as time went on. What a great ride that is! We paused for a minute at Cox hill so Keith could look for a bear (didn't find it) and now to some of the best descending in the region! :) big smiles all the way...until unfortunately Keith had his first flat of the evening, Craig offered his tube as mine was a super light ...but after a few more minutes he needed mine as well, so now the next stop would have been patches! But we made it to he car with no more bike issues. Happy I took my big one out, haven't had such a great fun in a long time, descending back down!
Took us about 240 so daylight was no issue....

Happy Riding!
Sent wirelessly from my BlackBerry device on the Bell network.
Envoyé sans fil par mon terminal mobile BlackBerry sur le réseau de Bell.

No comments:

Post a Comment