Sunday, October 07, 2012

Second trip to Barrier...

... and a Thanks Giving city path ride.

Sunday Craig and I decided to give Barrier another go after my shoe forgetting episode previously. I was happy to give it a shot even though I rode some of the trails Saturday.While driving out we noticed a car with some familiar bikes on the roof and sure enough another group of riders on their way out and by chance heading our direction. We ended up riding Baldy with Trish, Linda and their two ride buddies. Awesome climb up and Trish as usual set a good pace. The decent down was a little slick for me and I couldn't seem to get comfy but enjoyed it as much as I could, and with the GO PRO running on my seat post of course I had to slow it down a notch so Craig could keep up! :) and he did. At the bottom we took a left and Craig showed me a trail I've never done (on the map it looks like Old Baldy Pass Trail, but not sure), we hook on to the highway and head over to Nakiska to find the climb up and over Skogan Pass with a quick visit to the Troll Fall. It was busier than I've ever seen the area with hikers enjoying the fall weather. I brought a GPS with me to ensure no Craig trouble, but this time with the GPS I got us wandering a big back and forth and the trail on the map did not match what actually there. Should have listen to Craig this time. Fast ride down. Started to feel the ride, and with only one bottle each (planned to refuel at gas station but just wanted to get going) I was fading. I road Trans Canada trail on the "love of trail riding" fuel and got a little bit of second wind going up Quaite. And Jewel Pass waiting at the end is the best reward after a long day in the saddle. When we got back to the parking lot I was sure hoping to find the two redbulls left a few months ago, and after a few minutes of searching they did show!!!

Group getting ready to ride down Baldy
Top of Baldy decent
Little bit of snow on the trail...

Best tasting treat!

So with some nice and tired legs Monday and a little rain in the forecast we figured what a perfect day for a city path day. We road downtown and got a photo up with the new bridge, at what point we got the idea of testing a group ride idea with Erik. With a temptation photo of Craigs fender setup who could resist. Though it took them a few to get back to us, but while having our first coffee break (58 min into our ride... rough day) at Rosso we heard from them and 20 min later we met up. An awesome city path ride down to Glenmore, some single track exploring and with Erik knowing the city better than I, we found some new trails on our way back. Perfect ending of a good riding weekend.


The fancy new red bridge, matching my RED jacket!
Craig, Erik and Cindy

No comments:

Post a Comment