Saturday, September 19, 2009

Day 1 cts

Red spots on carpet under bike should not be ignored!
The little bit of rain in the morning stopped by the time of the start. The day brought pretty perfect riding weather. But right off the start something seemed more wrong with my rear break than before. It was totally dead! I tried to do a bit of pumping but nothing. Then I though of the red spot at the hotel, guess it wasn't there before and soon ill probably see the bill in the mail. The good thing is I still had a front break but my head was not getting over the dissapointment of the break after spending all the prior morning getting them fixed. Long story short I never got into it Day 1. Legs didn't have it, head was off and all the great added single track that I should normally enjoy was just a pain. At the very end I manage to turn my mindset around and started focusing on the amazing scenery with the rocky single track and beautiful lake.

Sarah on the other hand had a great day! When I finally found her she was still smiling and I'm happy as it was definitely a very demanding course. Con grats on pulling through stage one!

Stage 2 will be less technical but still good riding on lots of exposed rock so with a rear break on loan (thanks to the Norco folks!) I hope for a better day.

Happy riding!
kate
Sent wirelessly from my BlackBerry device on the Bell network.
Envoyé sans fil par mon terminal mobile BlackBerry sur le réseau de Bell.

No comments:

Post a Comment