Saturday, September 19, 2009

Day 2 cts

The Juicy loaner worked great!
The stage today started with breakfast at six, load bags and then a short ride on the hgw to the start line. It was pretty cool but perfect again for riding. The start was a little quicker than yesterday and things felt really good today. The trail was lots of fun, lots of ups and downs on exposed rock and dirt and with the ability to stop in an instant I could enjoy all the decents to the fullest. I felt so great I totally forgot about the importance of eating! With less than 30 km to go (mostly double track and rail road) I hit the wall to the point of no recovery. I ate, drank and "rested" but there was no coming back. So I accepted the fact that for the remaining rail road ride it was gone be about survival.
I made it home and overall the fun today totally makes it a great day of riding and a valuable lesson learned to add to the experience.
Had a ice bath in the warm lake and waiting for Sarah. I hope she had an equally great day.
More to come!

Happy Riding!
kate
Sent wirelessly from my BlackBerry device on the Bell network.
Envoyé sans fil par mon terminal mobile BlackBerry sur le réseau de Bell.

No comments:

Post a Comment