Friday, July 01, 2011

F3 day 1 - Toby or...

...I? Not sure who is more tired.

40 km should be easy breezy, but I've always found the shorter the harder! Start wad ok until we started climbing, road climb to spread the field before single track, plan worked, I tried hard to be first girl in to single track with took me in redzones I've not been yet this year and yet I had to see Marg fly by with no effort! 40 min in the max didn't seem like a good plan, but when we finally hooked on to the Coal discovery trail the pace slowed down. It quickly became a group as different levels of descending skills. Not easy to pass, but after a bit things spread out. I felt like in Portugal, I knew the girls were right on the tail chasing me down. After coal discovery we climbed up sidewinder (a fun trail to come down). I figured the girls (at least three very strong climbers behind me), would close the gap, I worked hard again to try to crest the climb first into next single track section and earn a little gap again (splitting bears)...only to learn next single track was out. Instead high speed descend on road! So no putting gap on the girls on this, so Hyperventilation had to hurt too, crested it and still not caught and for the first time I thought maybe I can get this stage!..safe it home. And I did, paying for it as we speak but hopefully I wasn't the only one who went full out.....by the looks of it Toby went full out also, hanging out by the track watching the start and finish.
No result postings yet, but a couple of minutes on Danelle Kabush, and I think Marg Fedyna third, didn't see Margie but I'm sure she was right there as well.
Tomorrow over to the ski hill side to play in the mud!

Happy Riding!
Sent wirelessly from my BlackBerry device on the Bell network.
Envoyé sans fil par mon terminal mobile BlackBerry sur le réseau de Bell.

No comments:

Post a Comment