Monday, July 04, 2011

F3 Day 3 - some more...

...sweet single track and brutal climbs with exhilarating downs!
One of the noticeable differences this race year is the high end output I'm able to pull out in the start of a race and yet settle in my own pace and last ok to the end. This was the case day one, two and today. Though with the slightly more crowded trail after only a short time to split riders up, the climb up hyperventilation was a little more reasonable then earlier starts. With a questionable bike my plan was to avoid front shifting to much and ride safe, try to crest first climb in front as I thought it would be it for hard climbing of the day....I stuck with the plan though I was wrong on the only 1 hard climb! We came out roots and started climbing, not too bad, superfast road decent and then got turned on to Eriks trail up! Not too long but steep in the end. After this we road up kids stuff and from there on all new stuff to me. Eventually we started another climb that seem to last forever! Before we popped out on the road and got the pleasure of going down broken derailure and sidewinder to the finish. Such a fun day! A couple of near misses to remind me not to try to be a super woman on the downs, safe it in! Bike held up, zippy ties did the job. Margie Smith had a great day and came in shortly after me with a local Fernie girl and Marg Fedyna riding strong right behind.
Overall Margie got hold of second and Danelle third. Happy to be racing in a field of some very strong riders.
After a quick packing up, some good food and awards it was on the road back to Calgary. Not sure what's next besides some riding locally and enjoy the summer!

Happy riding!

Sent wirelessly from my BlackBerry device on the Bell network.
Envoyé sans fil par mon terminal mobile BlackBerry sur le réseau de Bell.

No comments:

Post a Comment