Saturday, July 02, 2011

F3-day 2 a bit of...

...everything both in riding, interesting events and so on...
Day started an hour early today and it was noticeable cooler out, but I lived a bit on the edge and left arm and knee warmers behind :)...good call, it wasn't long before I hit the red zone again and heat naturally produced kept me toasty warm to hot for the rest of the ride. Very similar start to yesterday, hard pace to stay with the lead group, first climb in the top end for most of it and about an hour in I finally started feeling ok. At that point I had left the girls but knowing they are never far behind so no time to get too comfy. The field was stretched out much quicker today and found my self riding solo or with a couple of guys for most of it. It is nice as u can set your own pace and line going down but also tricky with very limited course markings. I found my self stopped many times looking for markers and hoping for people to show to verify I wasn't lost. But lesson learned from other races made me look twice even when riding in group. At one point we lost one guy flying down missing a right turn (which from the sound of it many missed), we tried to call him back but no luck. He missed some sweet single track! Two additional major climbs and of course rewarded with some fun down hill trails made for an all around good day. Ended up flying down the last road to a stopped train and only to be sent back up again. I missed a turn, so after being ready to be done I wasn't to happy a out that. I did the extra little bit only to see people flying down the road just like me and not getting sent up again...oh well, it is what it is and still love riding:) I quickly got over my little burst of negative energy and hope it'll be a better marked and marshaled course tomorrow.
So then bike cleaning. I always spend a little time cleaning bike after a race, makes for a clean bike and gives me the chance to ensure it is all good. Well today I didn't get that assurment I was looking for!
Crack around front deraillure mount and its pretty big. Not too much I can do bout it, but figured a couple of zippie ties will at least make me feel better about it, will see tomorrow....
On the more positive note, ended the day with a nice spin with Mer and dogs to the icecream shop and it was Good!

Happy riding!
Sent wirelessly from my BlackBerry device on the Bell network.
Envoyé sans fil par mon terminal mobile BlackBerry sur le réseau de Bell.

No comments:

Post a Comment