Thursday, July 30, 2009

Day 4 Intermontane - to bad it took 3 trials...

...to make day 4 a great event. 10 km longer than announced but minor at this point. The course (97 km) was well marked, a few road climbs but when the decent is good then its all worth it. It felt like a good endurance mountain bike race. There were lots of smiling volunteers, not sure were they all came from, but they kept us on track and fed. Unfortunately a little late in the game as some pros decided not to start.
As for my day. I started with same game plan, go easy when road and save legs for fun single track. It worked well, it was about 40 km before any real fun, and after that it was 30 km of great fun. Still tough as it was up and down on roots and loose rocks, before ten km of fun fast down hill. I was smiling all the way down. Unfortunately another Canondale guy went down very hard and was sent to hospital. I hope he is ok. At the last feed I'd passed three girls and many guys so I was pleased. And I thought it would be a cruise to the finish. But they took us up behind TRU for some more climbs and more fun downhill. Had a great day but after almost hundred km I was happy to get back to the cooling tub and my support.

Tomorrow is a TT, so of course not gone be easy as ill just be getting into my one pace that I have and the race will be over! Will be fun day though if all goes well, new format for me with staggered start and only 20 km or so. My goal will be not to get passed by too many of the faster riders behind me.

Happy Riding!
kate
Sent wirelessly from my BlackBerry device on the Bell network.
Envoyé sans fil par mon terminal mobile BlackBerry sur le réseau de Bell.

No comments:

Post a Comment