Friday, July 31, 2009

Intermontane day 5 - time to show some respect.....

... to the riders!

Here is a link to a fellow rider that have pulled out http://tracksidenews.blogspot.com/. My response to her was;
"I 100% support you in your decision to leave the race and I was very surprised in the little response in the riders meeting during the discussion. I was very close to not racing on day 4 but ended up riding as I love to ride and so far in the event I had very little fun. I did enjoy the trails yesterday, but felt wrong by starting and going through the finish line. Today I will pull out as well, in support of all of us that have spent time and money to come out for this event. There are many events we could have chosen, but we chose this one. These sorts of events are a business and if you promise a product you need to deliver. In my field there is no way I could get away with attempting something I didn't know anything about. I think we all have the some rights here, but we can not keep showing up at the start line. Unfortunately or fortunately, there is only one day left. I'd love to ride the hills, but I can do that on my own time, lets not support this race until it shows some professionalism and come clean."

So with that, I'm out! I would like to thank all the volunteers and people around the event that has been pulled in to this mess with all best intentions. With out these people no event can go on and there would be no races on any level, so thank you!

Happy Riding!
kate

No comments:

Post a Comment