Saturday, April 09, 2011

Calgary south... ramping up..

... to Sunday, the Portugal Gang decided to explore the south country of Calgary. We rode some great city path ways all the way down to 22X pretty much. I'm trying to pick up on where we go, but I'm sure I'll have to ride them a few more times before guiding anyone along. Super day for a ride though. Craig and I drove down to Erik's place and had a quick look at his new spot, which looks great, impressed with his interior decorative skills, I should have him over here for some tips.... Two other Dead Goats joined us for the first bit of the ride. I quiet enjoyed the pace, nice and flat and perfect for getting ready for tomorrow. Then we got out of the city and the flat pathways ended, and was replaced with some pretty cool farmers roads. Nice and windy, up and down, and not to forget , Dry! It was a bit more leg work that I had hoped but I did my own thing, while Erik got some kicks of intervals in, don't even think I have the kick if I tried. On our way in to the city we had a short little stop in Fish Creek while Craig fixed the first flat I've experienced on these group rides. Some pedestrians were quiet concerned and felt very bad for us, like it was the end of our happy ride. We ended up at a great sandwich place, but like with the name of anything, I can't remember. It's a hidden little spot not far from my work and it was very tasty.
By the time I got home I must admit I was a little bit concerned about tomorrow.... legs are feeling the riding the last week and tomorrow is the big day, biggest single day in my cycling life.


happy riding....

 GPS and I are figuring things out... handy to be able to take a few pictures with it....