Friday, April 08, 2011

Weekend warm-up ride,

So this week I actually got some riding in. I started off with easy ride to and from work Monday, and now that the weather is good the other "breed" of cyclist are showing up on the path in the moring, which I've had on my own the few times I rode in over the winter. So easy it's not easy to do when you are being passed by the commuters! Tuesday I road to and from with the plan to do a longer loop home, but I felt tired so road hard in a good pace, and then rested up. Wendsday I rode in and on my way home I joined up with Alana and got my longer loop in. Thursday I rested up for a good weekend of riding.

So today, day after restday I needed to get my legs moving again, so the Porugal Gang set out for a weekend warm-up ride. Craig, John and Erik was meeting at a church in West Hills, so I figured I'll ride there using my GPS to get some practise for Portugal as there will be no course markings so I better know how to follow a map. I used my little mapping tool and drew out a track to get to West Hills, from there I figured there wouldn't be too many churches so I'll find them. But the GPS and I never made friends on this ride. I got sent home and then west and in all directions until I recongniced the spot I had met Alana once and from there I sort of new how to get to West Hills. I was already late, but figured I'll try, but I'll take the road. I got to West Hills, went to the only church I new as it has a big tower on it. But no boys, I figured I missed them so started my own ride, when I saw John and Erik riding down. Sometimes being late pays off!
I thought I had a bad start until John told me his story...he was on borrowed shoes, drink and pedals, and with two right hand gloves...

We ended up finding Craig and had a nice touring ride towards the Bow river. Nice pace until I let the boy play boys up the hill coming back out.



Tomorrow a little bigger ride to ramp up to the big day on Sunday.

Happy riding!

No comments:

Post a Comment