Friday, April 15, 2011

From good week to ...

... shitty! I got a great first training week after rest week, then this week I hoped I'd do another good effort. But it got cool and my shoulder/back was in bad shape. Though I had to try my new ride, so Wednesday I took him to work with me! Spoiled I'd say. Different feel to it, would be nice to get a mtb ride in to really try it, but with the snow and less than optimum body it just didn't seem to be happening this week.... until today, well an attempt. After work I felt I really hadn't done any riding this week, and Portugal is coming up soon. I eventually managed to get out of the couch and on the bike. Took a chance on the Bowness trails to try some short steep climbs to test the bike. Hmmm now I really mucked it up! It was messy, so ended up back down on the path with a very dirty bike :( On the Bowriver path I see this geeky looking rider, with some flashy pants on, though the helmet looked familiar? It was Scott on his bike ripping in an hour before heading on vacation tomorrow. So I had a partner for a city ride, nice, hadn't seen him all winter so good to catch up, Nina and him are traveling two weeks in Italy, good timing!   The bike and are starting to feel it, but this weekend I'll put on some different tires as the stock once feel a bit knobby. I also left the fork way too soft so need to play with it a bit, still need to get a mtb ride in, the paths just doesn't give the right feel.
Forecast is snow flurries all weekend, and group rides seem to be non-existent, so need to build my own motivation and get out.... planing on path ride tomorrow again after dog duties.

happy riding!

No comments:

Post a Comment