Sunday, January 05, 2014

Day 10 and

.... days going by to fast...

10 days into my holidays and that means I'm into my second week of training volume.... and can't say I've got much in yet....so with that in mind I had to make a change to my program..... the lack of motivation to travel had to go away, pack bike and go south!

Steve and Karen have a villa rented in Mesa and I am super stoked to join for a few days!

I left Calgary's -26 C and arrived to sunny Arizona in 2 and a half our and around 20 C!!!  oh yeah...

Steve did a pickup at the airport and a few hours later, Karen, Steve and I were on our bikes. Day 1 in Arizona!

We rode right from the villa and up to an area Usery Mountain Park, it almost felt a little unreal... like I died and woke up in heaven... but then I realized I probably wouldn't have woken up in heaven... so it must be real... we did a great technical loop, drew some blood on some cactus, good sign, it hurt, so I was alive... and it ended as some other riders lately.... red blinky required by the end of it.... but no jacket, big gloves, winter boots... just shorts and jersey!!! sweet....

Happy day 1 in Arizona....

(photos in reverse order....odd...)
 
after some nice Italian pasta, the even better gelato... I was in chocolate heaven....
 

They were glowing even more during sunset!!
 
Heaven!!!
 
Blue sky and awesome light for some photos....
 


Karen descending in style....
 
Steve and the glow capturing the moment....
 
Plenty of those.... some in my fingers too....
 
Some great climbs.... Steve still glowing!!
 
The locals are serious about their private property protection......

Steve glowing and ready to role!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment