Saturday, January 04, 2014

Day 7, 8 and 9...

...  started with a City pathway ride with Cesar due to late start Thursday. Hadn't seen Cesar for a long time. And it was almost a miss again.... We missed each other on the pathways but managed to get on the same track for a nice city ride to Glenmore, a little play on the trails, a much needed coffee stop and then back home. Sooner or later I'll get my volume in.
 
Cesar enjoying the trails..... at least we didn't bring dogs... and we share smiles.... :)
Day 8, Friday, plan was a long one finally, but woke up to more snow!!! when will it end!? Took a bit but got motivated to head out in the storm. Figured the pathway would be plowed and it wasn't too bad but as I got passed the zoo and started north it was deep snow and a windy! Got a nice workout. Got in 2 hours of good work.... not really my definition of volume... started thinking I need to reconsider my plans to ski Rogers Pass and maybe head south.....checked weather when I got home...
booked tickets south... time to ride bikes for more than an hour or two...

A little bit of work going north, and back south......fun but ready to ride with no fenders!!

Day 9, Saturday I wasn't too fussed that it was super cold again. Warmer weather to come!! Did a nice hike at COP with Chad and Sarah and the dogs and attempted a cross workout in the infamous basement of mine.... less successful... one day! Highlight of my day -- packing my bike :)

Should be able to get 5 rides in with Steve in Arizona, can't wait! I am usually good with winter riding, but the amount of snow this year has made it a little difficult. Time to ride in on real dirt (or dust).....

Happy sunshine riding!!!





 

No comments:

Post a Comment