Thursday, January 09, 2014

Two weeks in...




...and feeling pretty good, if it wasn't for the regular life stuff such as work getting in the way I would have stayed and explored the rest of today's trails. 790 miles is the Arizona Trail. We did 47km of it and what a great ride, started at Picketpost trailhead. If I were to stop and take a photo of all the various section if trail it would take days to finish, one minute on red dirt, then some sand, then boulders, watch out for bushes of all kinds who jump out at you and really want a piece if your chamois.... Some sections were quiet exposed and yes, I made it alive! Exposed height not my forte but good to feel alive! The taste if this little section of the AZ trail have made me think I should plan a group ride and do the whole thing.

It's been a great four days of mountain biking and I'll end the trip with a road ride in the morning. Having Steve to pick the rides and guide me on the way is a bonus, no wasted time looking at maps and being list, and a little extra push to keep quality up.

Next week work is on the agenda again, but not until midweek so hope to have a couple of easy days then complete the three week cycle with some volume, before a good rest week (back north). I should be able to get one more block in before Nepal; hopefully on the bike but weather permitting and some good hikes will not hurt as far as I can tell from others that have raced in Nepal. Also need to start sorting out the details around the trip; gear, food, shots and others stuff..... End of February coming up too soon! 

Happy Riding!


Picketpost in the background...

Some dirt and smooth section, the decent back to the trail head was the best all week!!

If you look closely you can see where we are headed...
Little bit closer....

Killer bush!!

A rock... big rock...

Behind my bike you can see part of the trails we just did, and get to ride back again!
 
View point - time to turn back but the trails kept going - to Mexico...

Great sunny day!!

Thanks to Steve for great touring!!! to bad it has to end....




No comments:

Post a Comment