Sunday, January 19, 2014

Three week ...

... cycle is up! Ended with two good days and now I'm set for a week of rest and some core tuning up north.

Saturday - Wednesday repeat with Andrea
A good ride today - route was the same as Wen but possible a little less wind, but it was up there! Hard push to Cochrane, great lunch and coffee (red pepper soup, one of my favs). Legs felt sore after some attempt on some new stretching exercises the day before (thought it was suppose to make me loose!!). Out of Cochrane we did our new nice pathway to old bridge and it was nice to have the wind in our back flying back to Calgary!



Climb out of Cochrane was tricky today, but possible.
 
Lunch face!
Sunday - yak training primo with Erik and Pat (for part of ride)

For the word version of this ride see Erik's Blog - but as always don't believe all you read.

For once I started the ride with a clean bike! I so enjoy the quiet clean ride (well if it wasn't for the squeaky breaks). Pat and Erik showed up today, and when Pat show I know it will be a good tempo on the road - he is a machine and just goes. It was a perfect day for a ride, the roads where slippery but manageable, the long route in to Cochrane, one of my favorite was a great choice for the day.
Pat made a call at Big Hill Spring to turn around, even though I tried to tell him "it'll get better".... it did - a couple hours later. After stepping in snow of all forms, soft, hard, hurting, deep, ridable and not - has to be good for Yak training.
As we came in to Cochrane I was concerned we were to late for soup - but to big smiles - there was lots left. Had a nice little break and opted for the same route home as yesterday. The soup had good stuff in it today and Erik was just flying on the south going section toward airport road, ouch, that was hard! and it was hard! We did a little twist to the route to get a more quiet road, my idea of a easy spin the last few km to "cool" down the legs didn't sit well with Erik as he hammered up the last hill like it was his last ride ever! For a second I let him go, but then the best of me got me and I pushed every little bit I had left to stay with him - ouch again.... I'm now ready to sit at my desk for the week.

Happy Riding All!


 

Clean bike!! :) for a little bit anyway....
Nice gravel roads -----
The twisty roads going through the valley....
.... on the top of my list of routes!!

My drive train....

Endless awesome roads....
Energy produced....
Only one flat today.... tubeless next for Pat.... while Erik and I was busy chatting and taking pictures... not much help we are
Oh yeah... here it goes... Pat, it did get better....
..like way over there somewhere.... but who can complain... it was an awesome day!!
Thai Chicken and rice soup... and Mocha better than ever...
AND THEN THE PICTURE TAKING WAS OVER... FAST RIDE HOME

1 comment:

  1. Notice how Kate is at ease enough to snap a lot of photos on the ride?

    ReplyDelete