Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Love and hate...

...not sure what it is, but I have a hard time deciding. The real winter is trying really hard this year to make Calgary a winter wonderland, it dumped pretty much all yesterday and today I hoped to enjoy some of the awesome views on the bike. For most part, yes but side roads are a little less fun, but good for a challenge!

If you only could have one bike for winter which one would it be? For me it's a no brainer, the cross bike.... it goes everywhere and it has gone everywhere with me. It's very little it can't ride, with practice, but as they say "you gota learn to crawl before you can walk". It's gone from some frustration, figuring out setup, tires and fenders of course, figuring out how to ride slippery, deep snow, slush... but in the end is a ride that can take you 100-200 km in winter. So if you love the awesome quiet back roads in the foothills mixed with some exploration of trails, then this is the ride for you. I don't see a fatbike in my near future, but I do see a new cross bike and it'll be sweet - more to come :)

Happy Riding!


Papa bear was snowed in .....

Almost made it before the skier, but second in was pretty sweet too...


beautiful winter land...

and what's a ride with no lunch shot....






No comments:

Post a Comment