Tuesday, August 02, 2011

Sunday rest and ...

.... Monday ride...

So after a long Saturday outing I decided to spend the day getting the house cleaned a bit and get the dogs out for a few good walks/hikes. Calgary weather has been so great the last little bit, house cleaning is not easy, and of course that plan didn't come through today either. But dogs got out, we walked over and watched all the Tubers go down the river... I need to get out and try one day before summer ends! Anyone?

Though reading the news today I guess not all made it down the river in the tube, or without a ticket!

Got my bikes cleaned so not completely wasted day. The 29er got a new band aid as yesterday's was sort of a quick fix. So now it's good to go for a bit, one extra zippy tie on this fix!

Monday was a day off so the plan was to go for a semi epic ride with Craig, but another group ride was forming with Alana, Jeff, Lisa and Ryan, a little shorter ride. So when I met Craig at Cadence I suggested maybe we should join them, this might allow for some spectating of the Bowness Crit they were just starting to set up for on the main street. So we did!

We met the group at Station Flats and had a great fun ride with only minor delays. Craig and Jeff had to take a different route to catch Lisa who we lost about 1km in... Alana, Ryan and I, climbed up Sulfur (sort of backward from what I'm used to) then hooked on to Pnuma and met Jeff and Craig at the intersection of the start of Sulfur (the normal way) and Pnuma, but no Lisa there either. We continued up Pnuma and caught her just before the start of the upper section. She must have hammered up those hills. We also saw the TR marking guys, getting ready for next weeks event!
From there we climbed up the upper sections of Pnuma, and eventually hooked on to Moose Packers down to Ridgeback and so on.... not sure of the name of the trail that takes us out (new tom snow?). It was all about fun today! Great ride with great company!
And we still had time to make it back to Bowness for the men's elite crit race! My first ever! It was so exciting to see my little "town" so alive (Bowness that is). And the race was really neat, I like the concept and will spectate more of them now that I know, still unsure I'll do any of them though. And Steve didn't help convince me it is all fun either! But glad he is OK, and you really should check out his facebook picture sequence of the crash. Funny enough, Craig and I spoke earlier that they should almost hire some stunt folks to make sure there is at least one crash... you know... spectators always love crazy crashes... Steve gave them all of it!

Some nice Mexican on the street to end the long weekend!

Happy Riding!

No comments:

Post a Comment