Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Last day..

..in Montreal.
Started work early and with late nights I'm feeling it. Been a while since I went passed midnight a few days in a row :)..not good for this old body of mine.
Tried to make it through all the vendor booths today but between presentations and being pulled aside by previous vendors I've worked with I didn't even catch a third of all the set ups. It amazed me the size of this arrangement. The afternoon talks brought some good talks, morning ok talks. So all in all a good day.
Planned to meet my colleges for dinner but learned that sun was out and that meant late bikeshop hours and time for a quick ride. After all the food I've ate the last few days it was an easy call.

I managed to forget my map today, so a very broken up ride, stopping reading the city maps, which I yet have to find the marker "you are here" on. That made it a tricky navigation and since I was on time restrain it didn't help me much. Though with some lucky choices I made it to the Mile long bridge, and from there its only a sliver of gravel road with water on both sides over to the Circuit Formule1 track. Neat ride over, but no one ever told me about all the bugs. I must have swallowed 5, and that is with concisely trying to keep mouth shut! The race course was neat and lots of riders. Wish I had more time to play. But now only had 20 min to make it back with no map and lots of waters to cross somehow. Got to a locked door 5min before 8! After a few calls I decided to give it a knock before going back to hotel with a bike. A mechanic was still there so lucky again.
Ordered a kids meal of Pizza to end the Montreal visit.
Off to New Mexico in the morning..

Happy Riding!
Sent wirelessly from my BlackBerry device on the Bell network.
Envoyé sans fil par mon terminal mobile BlackBerry sur le réseau de Bell.

No comments:

Post a Comment