Sunday, May 22, 2011

Seem to be more content..

... to the city and the life here.....
My ride took me out a bit from the city where I got a bit lost but not really, can't be lost when exploring, it just adds to the ride and the experience so you just keep riding.
Eventually made it back to the city, I went through a few public parks, including the Olympic arena.

It amazed me all the people that were out being active in many different ways. There was music, dance, stick fighting, bike riding, running, picnics, ball games etc.... I had to wonder if I got a few friends together (adult and kids), dressed up like warriors, and made weapons out of stuff and had a pretend game in a park, if people in Calgary would stop and join, or stop look and wonder what the heck? or not even notice?





This city is just full of "life", I got caught in a parade sort of session, with bands and music going, then as I entered the "mountain" there was more music and people dancing and have a party all around. I saw a sign to the "chalet" and with my poor french, thinking Castle.. ah.. well the rule has it, if a town has a castle you climb to it, so I did, nice gradual climb up on a gravel road, surrounded by shortcuts that would have been great on a mountain bike! I arrived at the "castle" and quickly got my mind together, ah.. chalet... not chateau (or however that's spelled), nice ride up though, but the down was hard on the little toe :( very bumpy.
I found a way back to the hotel but with all the one way streets I was forced to ride against traffic to get back in time for my evening duties at the CIM.

The evening was not too busy, met a few old colleges and had a great dinner that went a bit late.

Montreal is a neat place, looking forward to exploring some more tomorrow.

happy riding! (some more shots below)

Party in the park

My "castle"

City view from the "castle"

 

No comments:

Post a Comment