Sunday, May 31, 2009

The "Green Machine"

Second day in Fernie I road the old regulars with Bernie, the locals had done a great job with those trails also, in very good shape. I hope to make it down again later this summer for some more rides. Took it pretty easy though, as my legs are feeling the high intensity of the riding lately. I headed out to my old home town, Elkford in the afternoon for a quick visit with SJ and Paul but decided not to ride but relax. My legs were happy with that. I then drove in to Blairmore, figured I'd missed out on the group ride Christine was putting on so I decided to find some food. As I pulled in the the restaurant I saw a few bike riders across the street, and sure enough, it was Christine and her friends. Of course I had to join in. Blairmore has some fun trail as well so happy I saw them. I stayed with Troy and Christine and it was nice to catch up. I visited with Jackie and her 6 month old cute little girl, Peter, the daddy, was working so hopefully we can catch up on a ride later this year!
I left thinking "what a great spot! lets see how I can work my way back to the valley". Maybe one day.

Made it to Edmonton, and very exited to go pick up my new ride for the year! Titus X, the Green Machine!


I took it out on a test ride and it's a great ride!! We rode the Canada Cup race course and at the end of the ride after a little bit of shifting issues, I realized I had more than a shifting issues. The bold on the rear triangle that hold the chain stay was gone! Not good, lots of flex and just luck I was climbing not coming down and hitting hard. Slightly disappointed I took the bike in the next day and luckily there were a spare to take parts of and now it's good as can be again. Rode today in Fort McMurray as racing 8 hrs didn't seem like a good idea. Legs feel tired and I need to get a few weeks of good training in, and recovering from 8hr race takes a few days. Back to the Green Machine though, it felt great!! Very happy, a few little tweaks in fitting still required but I love it, I'm even getting used to the Green. Can't wait to put it through more testing soon!

Happy Riding!
kate

No comments:

Post a Comment