Sunday, June 08, 2014

2014 Organ Grinder...

... in Canmore - grinder it was!

Awesome morning, so refreshing compared to the last few years I've done this race.

No partner so 5 hours of grind! The course was similar to yesterday, but with extra lower section added in. I contemplated my fully this morning, for a long time, but in the end I decided on the HT. Mostly based on laziness - swap wheels, yikes... and then I'd have to carry the bear spray in my pocket.... two completely not the right things to debate when deciding on bike... I regretted the choice, but still had a good day riding.

The plan; rest a lap, hard a lap, rest a lap etc.... work on the high end. The actual; my rest lap had same time as my hard laps... the one I "really put the hammer down" on ended up being my slowest!
The course was not a good resting course, the lower section I could try to pedal easy, but the roots just beat me up more when going slow, so off the seat pedaling seemed like the only way for me to get through those sections, and they seemed like forever. By the end of a few laps, the plan became more of a rest on the uppers section, get beat up on the lower section.
Rode with many different people today, which was fun - had a good discussion around Redbikes blue kit!? Steve looked good on his green machine until the "twitch" appeared, and miss Martin styling down the coal shuts...  The rare sight of Tim riding a bike with gear and suspension!
Looks like everyone enjoyed a great day out there, though many I didn't see on the course - Erik with a bit of a equipment malfunction - this course is not gentle on gear - but looked to have a great day! Shawn nailed down 7 laps (and the win), very impressive. Andrea (on her birthday - 19?) felt great even through her last lap. Ryan leaving me in the dust on the last lap and Jeff and Alana taking the win in their category.

By the time it was all over I had 6 laps in and more than happy with that, legs are completely done from today and yesterday so that must be a sign of a good weekend.
A perfect weekend for racing - Nice work to the organizers both days (Spin Sisters and CycleMeisters)!

Happy Riding!

Does not get much better than this!
Alana and Jeff on the top!
Andrea showing how to shove down food after a day of racing - Happy Birthday!!
Open Women podium - sharing it with some great riders - Andrea had a great birthday riding in to second :)
Shawn Bunnin - showing us all how its done - 7 laps and styling the podium as always






1 comment:

  1. Kate's a winner.
    Did Shawn have to substitute chamois cream for hair product to get pretty that fast post event?

    ReplyDelete