Wednesday, June 04, 2014

"Selfie" ride...

...after work to check recovery.... and with no boys to pose for shots - I attempted plenty of selfies...

I guess there is many ways of monitoring recovery; at one time in my life I used to ride with heart rate monitor as well as checking resting heart rate in the morning, looking at the trend I thought it gave me a good indication on recovery. I stopped wearing one of those a couple years back, now I do it by "feel", as a scientist (sort of), I will not argue with anyone who tells me this can be a bad idea. But since I've not been in a position to really overdo anything with only riding on weekends I have not been concerned about over training what so ever.
My new method, first try today, is to ride as hard as I can on sections you have done before, and with the features of Strava,  PR = I'm recovering well....simple. The "feel" method had me thinking my legs wasn't feeling great, but my "ride hard" method tells me I'm doing ok :)

Looking forward to the weekend in Canmore.

Happy Riding!




Bike pose

Riding pose - start of Bob Cat Up
Time to ride down pose - top of Ranger Summit

No comments:

Post a Comment