Sunday, March 27, 2011

Another winter weekend...

... to make sure we really appreciate spring when it arrives!

Quick trip to Sylvan Lake on Friday to pick up Toby the dog. Steve got him self a nice little spot to enjoy life after work!

Saturday group ride was a small group of Alana and my self, with a coffee hello from Erik who stopped by only to say hello and have a nice ride. He had already got in his hours and was on his way home. So the "group" headed for a city ride due to a bit of time restrictions. It was good, a pace different than other Saturdays, and on a crummy day we still got a good 3 hours in on the bike. It still beats any hours spent on the trainer in the basement.

Today was the March Crazy ride or something like that. But with the forecast not so great, it got canceled, and to day I caved in as well on the "don't change your plans due to Calgary forecast".
I called a Toby and I day. I decided to unpack winter gear, not to confuse anyone to think that my life is organized by seasons, it was only a mental unpacking required. Ventured out to Barrier Lake and something tells me it was my lucky day. Sunshine, blue skies and perfect day to be outside, though at the same time the inside of my head wondered if this was the case in town as well, and was I missing out on the Ride of the Year?
Started at Barrier Lake with sunshine and blue sky! :)


Toby was happy to see the ride being postponed!

yeah!! is that sign of a real bike trail!!?? :)

...... the "real bike trail" quickly was gone.....


Finished Jewels and on to trek Prairie View up and back down on the other side
 
Closer to the top it was ice all around, while the sun was out it was a nice view.

At the top I realized my glasses were gone!!... turned around and went down just passed the photo above and found them in the snow like this... not only did they fall off my vest hook, I also stepped on them and both arms came off... but free glasses are not always crap, the arms are designed to come off on impact and so they did... easy fix. Thanks to the optometrist from Fernie many years ago...


At the top, sun hiding.
 Came back into town and still foggy and overcast so I'm assuming I didn't miss out on a great ride today.

Looking forward to next weekend and hopefully some spring rides!!

happy riding :)

No comments:

Post a Comment