Friday, November 09, 2012

Getting set up...

... for winter in camp and new wheels for the cross ride.
 
Friday was not the coldest of the three this weekend, but the only day I didn't make it out on the bike. Got a few things done though such as getting ready for a winter in camp. And winter is here, full on. Woke up to lots of new snow. So a little physical activity in shoveling. Toby didn't want any part of it, guess he needs a bit more time to get ready for winter, at the park he was happy to make it short. Then off to Ridley's to track down a trainer for camp. I will try out the Tacx with the software that should hopefully entertain me with some good movies around the world. They had a setup in the store so I got to test it out for a few minutes. I'm not a fan of inside training of any sort, though this trainer is suppose to make it feel real, and with some of the movies it should add some "fun" to the ride. Now I just hope my issue with motion sickness is not going to be a problem. Earlier in the week I learned that to run this software you will need something more than an ipad. My hope was to find something mobile and that would run the game, but apparently that does not exists. So I decided to keep searching and see if there is options. Not much left of the day after running around. Though good news is I sort of figured it all out, even though I had nothing to show for it. Trainer ordered, a few options to look at for a computer.... now I also need to get all this and a bike up north and I should be able to get in a few hours of riding during my work week. Review of the setup to come...
I also received my new tubeless setup for the cross bike. Very cool - and messy. Two blowouts before success. The last one fully charged with Stans liquid. Lesson learned, non tubeless ready or UST tires, don't push your luck! That said, with the new setup, according to those at wheelbuilders.com get a 2mm extra width and with my 35cc Rocket Rons that should be a great low pressure setup for the winter! Review to come...
 

In term so of any physical activity; got in a 30 min rowing session while playing with my xbox machine which I have to admit I know very little about, even though it's been down there for about the length of my stay in Calgary. It needed some updates, and while pushing buttons I ended up with a annual subscription to music. Music I can listen to on the tv, my phone or my computer. Pretty neat. Or maybe I'm way behind... and oh yes, the row was very choppy...had to cover the computer to not get to discourage by the stats.
 
Happy winter riding!
 
 
 
 
 

 



No comments:

Post a Comment