Saturday, November 02, 2013

Feeling good....

...about the season changing. Today we got a big dump of snow and I actually enjoyed the cold, snowy and wet outing. Started out not too bad, but by the time I'd finished morning dog outing the snow was coming down pretty heavy. But it's winter so not going to stop a ride planned. Katy text came out of nowhere and by the time I got home I had a ride buddy. We agreed it was a perfect day for a coffee shop ride. The ride down to he place was nice, bike paths still good, very busy with runners and walkers out. Great to see winter doesn't stop people from heading out. Got Katy and we road pathways down to cafe Rosso, had a nice mocha while catching up. 
Fancy drinks should be part of every winter ride
Winter ready but fenders would be good, and poggies coming out soon too :)

The ride home presented a bit more snow. Had to focus to ensure I didn't go off the path. 

Was not cold but I did want to try my new 45nrth winter boots, definitely no problems dealing with the wet and around 0 degrees. The comfort does lack a little, but to be expected with a big winter boot, more to come on their performance as they go through the harshness of a real Canadian winter. 

My Gore jacket is still leaking, not as bad as end of last year so the treatment as recommended did fix some of the leak. Now the bottom half was totally soaked so home to re-treat. Hope the wet weather will eventually turn to real winter then water will be less of an issue. Think I'm ready for the cold :) wet preparedness need a little work still.

Ready, fender, go! Now wet stuff, take that! All set for tomorrow - and the rest of winter season...

Happy Riding!

No comments:

Post a Comment