Friday, November 01, 2013

The first ...

.... off season winter ride.

Not sure I can call it a true winter ride; I did hit some snow, and even a little ice but mostly mud and 8 degrees :)

I tuned up my cross bike last weekend with the plan of getting my one cross race in; with only one real nice day I ended up taking the mountain bike out for a last good ride and so this year there will be no cross race for me. Instead I had a nicley tuned bike for this weekend; staring today.

Solo ride to Cochran through Glenbow. Did the traditional way up through Tuscany but skipped part of the single track trying to stay clear of the mud as much as I could. The tree farm was not so friendly with the mudding; quick stop before train traks trail to clear tires then it was good all the way to Cochrane. Stopped for my favorite mocha and a quick snack. Did the back road out of Cochrane and almost made it to Calgary when a road was closed and off over the fence for some field exploration; and yes, the mud was sticky there to. Manage to confuse my self and end up on a dead end road; got to see some really nice houses before turning back into the headwind to backtrack a little bit. Then ended with some great single track into Calgary. A nice way to start the winter season!

Happy Riding!

First practice on snow and ice of the season :)

Just a perfect day to be out!

There will be many more of these if the winter cooperates :)

No comments:

Post a Comment