Monday, November 18, 2013

Cold weekend...

... in Calgary seems to be the trend so far. Friday I got a little bit of the leftover warmer weather from the week that I've heard about. Craig and I (and Toby) did a shorter but nice mtb ride on out local trails. 
Saturday was stormy. Most people were surprised, some mad and some rather impressed as the 4 of us ventured out from Cadence as any other weekend. Both the Bunnins and Erik came out. We avoided all roads possible and stuck to the path network we have. Some of which had already been plowed! Nice! Little bit west then east and north passed the Zoo, a new route for me. Chilly in the wind but mostly I was overdressed as usual. 
Today it was little cooler (-19 as we started) but beautiful sunny day and with no rides until next Sunday I couldn't turn one down. Only Erik, the bad ass Norwegian, came out. We road north with a little work emergency stop at Starbucks and a coffee. The roads are in great shape and without the unplanned stop it would have been a great day for a longer loop. But the shorter version was just fine. Just so nice to be out! 
It's getting easier to dress right, Tuscany ravines made me overheat but on the roads I was just fine. The new boots are still performing. I think my outfit today will be the perfect outfit for the highest day in Yak Attack. I better take a note.

Happy Riding!





No comments:

Post a Comment