Saturday, August 17, 2013

BE 2013 stage 7 - the toughest one yet...

...in other ways than most of the racers who probably woke up after stage 7 with a slight headache.

My seven was get in the car after the awards. They went on a bit longer than I had thought, but neat to be part of.

On day one all riders had their mug shots taken right after the stage, still dirty. They were used to give each rider a nice plak. For top three in each category they framed it all up. Super nice. 

I was second overall in the stage race, but since I won the Enduro overall I was also awarded a plak and the unofficial world m.f champ jersey and title 2013, Awesome! Off course I raced the XC and my plak with 2 is what really means something to me and was a lot of hard work, racing some very strong women. But I had fun with the Enduro and will enjoy the title for a year, the part of finding a computer by 8pm each night was probably the most challenging part, thanks Tim, Rick and Michelle.....:) 


Then, after awards it was car time. Made it an hour so north of Denver. Today I got up at 5am and did the rest of the almost 20 hrs drive (feel like a winner, no leg cramps and no tickets).
Missed the light blue bag and smiley faces at the feed stations, but this got me through;


It's good to be back. Hopefully unpack truck tomorrow, clean bikes and go for a spin before getting ready for what is my norm these day; mon flight up north, work and recover while looking forward to the weekend. Plan next bike adventure after doing a little vacation count. 

Quick but big thanks to everyone who cheered and supported though the week in various media or in person in Breckenridge, and to Ridleys Cycle for their ongoing support at the store when I show last minute needing something :) 

Happy Riding!

No comments:

Post a Comment