Sunday, June 05, 2011

No race weekend...

...but still some fun on the bike.
I woke up Saturday morning not feeling in the mood to put the $'s into a race and since Chad was down and Toby's first weekend back I figured it would be great to just continue on yesterdays note. I met up with the boys in Canmore and we went up to Benchlands for a quick rip. My toe didn't really enjoy the roots too much so when back at the car to get on to the west side Toby and I bailed out for the rest of the ride. It was totally dry though, a nice change from Fridays adventure.

Today I skipped the mountain bike ride to see if I can get this toe on recovery way again. It was much better but started going the wrong way on Jewels roots, and then Canmore did it in. So today I planned a road ride after a Toby ride to Cadence for coffee. Wearing sandals and limited mountain biking helped the healing before so figured that is the recipe for pinkie toe success, much needed so I can ride Fernie next weekend if the weather holds up.
I decided to do the regular loop to Cochran which breaks up the road ride with some gravel sections. Though, not knowing that since my last ride, when the gravel was smooth and hard packed, someone had fixed them all up, and they where now loos and the little rocks made for a rough ride. Not what my little toe needed! It made for a long ride (not in terms of time, just in my mind), and then headwind special as I turned to go east and back to Calgary :)
I road nice and easy through COP and was happy to see all the kids out on the hill, looked like they all had a great time. Stopped for a sub at Subway, but for some odd reason they where out of all subs, but the flat break!? How can Subway be out of subs? Anyway the flat bread tasted great so no complaints.

Continued the day with cutting the grass, second time in a week! A bit of bike tuning, not without trouble and a second visit to Bow. And never got to the bike that it all started with.
Toby and I just ended our day with a pedal over to Angles for an ice cream with Alana. Well deserved for her after a full weekend of racing in Canmore. For me, well I don't usually need any excuses to have ice cream, but it was a nice day in Calgary today, so for that reason everyone should enjoy a huge ice cream! Mondays always come to quick!

Happy riding!

No comments:

Post a Comment