Monday, May 21, 2012

Long weekend...

...much needed even with only three days at work.

First Bragg Creek ride of the year. After a coffee and some plant lessons from Alana we headed out to Station flats. It was not as warm as I had hoped and with my fingerless gloves and the meter showing 2 degrees I was a bit concerned. Jeff, Alana, Michelle, Andrew, Ryan and Toby; a good group. We rode over to Moosemtn to climb Pnuma as far as conditions would let us. I felt ok but right off the start I was in granny gear; there was not much power coming out of the legs today. Still a great climb up. Made it to start of Raceofspades and did a quick attempt to keep going but quickly hit too much snow. And my feet and hands were still not warmed up, so no point in pushing up higher. The decent down is as fun as always! Toby hung in great and is happy riding times are back.

Sunday I joined the Terrescape group ride mixed with a couple of goats. Great ride at the Nordic centre and them even better ride doing the Highland trail. All in great condition.
A after ride BBQ with some amazing cooking by various people, thank you! Great day!

Today, both Toby and I feel tired. Toby will skip the ride after a nice walk in the park; i still hope to get a spin in before departing to site for a couple of days.

Happy Riding!






No comments:

Post a Comment